Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

beaconfbb
Regular Visitor

How to have one slicer across 2 datasets

Hi All 

I have created a report , please see the attached image. The blue and yellow score cards come from two different datasets. Now i want to add a third column called (difference) showing difference between the two columns. Is this possible? Can someone please advice?

Capture11.PNG

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @beaconfbb,

Is there a unique value, such as a date or a category between the two tables?

Could you provide sample data? I can not sure your data structure according to the screenshot.

Best Regards,

Link

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@beaconfbb are the dates for both the Yellow and Red Card different or a common date would work ?

Also is every card having a different measure ?

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @beaconfbb 

By two datasets are you referring to two different data sources or tables. If Yes , then you add a third source/table , create a common dimension table and then use that dimension table to create a slicer.

Thanks jaideepnema,

I guess you did not get my ask. All the columns in BLUE come from TABLE A including the DATE from the slicer.  All the columns in YELLOW come from TABLE B including the DATE from the slicer. What i am asking is if i create NEW label named DIFFERENCE the values must reflect the difference between the BLUE and YELLOW values, for example the sales difference must be  (4,491,210.53-4,694,959.10)=-203,748.57).

Hope i was clear this time around.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.