Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JSnow
Frequent Visitor

How to handle No Results

I would like to know if there is a elegant way to handle a displaying a table that has no values to be shown when it's working as intended.  I want to communicate to the user of the report that the table is empty on purpose instead of having them wonder if the report is failing.  Somewhat similar to a "This page was intentionally left blank" message.

For example I have a table that shows details of events scheduled for future dates.  Some of the users of the report won't have any events scheduled so the resulting table is blank.  I would like to instead display a message "There are no upcoming events scheduled"

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JSnow

With a blank dataset below

5.png

Create a measure

Measure = IF(ISEMPTY(Table1),"This page was intentionally left blank")

Then add this measure to a card visual

6.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Thank you for the response that is helpful to create something to place when there is no data to display.

I guess what I am more so looking for is how to hide the empty visual.  As with this solution if I overlay the card visual on top there is still headers shown with no data below.  Is there a setting to control a transparancy property using the measure or changing the visability of a visual some other way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.