Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JSnow
Frequent Visitor

How to handle No Results

I would like to know if there is a elegant way to handle a displaying a table that has no values to be shown when it's working as intended.  I want to communicate to the user of the report that the table is empty on purpose instead of having them wonder if the report is failing.  Somewhat similar to a "This page was intentionally left blank" message.

For example I have a table that shows details of events scheduled for future dates.  Some of the users of the report won't have any events scheduled so the resulting table is blank.  I would like to instead display a message "There are no upcoming events scheduled"

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JSnow

With a blank dataset below

5.png

Create a measure

Measure = IF(ISEMPTY(Table1),"This page was intentionally left blank")

Then add this measure to a card visual

6.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Thank you for the response that is helpful to create something to place when there is no data to display.

I guess what I am more so looking for is how to hide the empty visual.  As with this solution if I overlay the card visual on top there is still headers shown with no data below.  Is there a setting to control a transparancy property using the measure or changing the visability of a visual some other way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.