Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mwnance
Helper I
Helper I

How to group items in stacked Column Chart

I have a bunch of data in which I do a sum of the count in a stacked column chart.  I end up with about 15+ different its in the column.   I would like to combine some items 3 in some. 4 in others,  others by themself so the data is shown in the column chart as 1 sum instead of a separte for each.  Is that possible.  If so how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

that is odd. Would you be able to provide a sample PBIX?  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you considered creating groups from your column values? Right click the column, New Group.

Right click doesnt seem to give me the option to do that.  And would this apply all the time or is it only a 1 time thing?

Are you trying to group a measure? That won't work. Only works on columns.

You would initially create the group with the available values. You may need to review the settings when your new values are added.

I just have Sum of Type in the Chart.  When I right click a column Group is greyed out

that is odd. Would you be able to provide a sample PBIX?  

Unfortunately no.. i think it is to large to share. Basically 

Table 1

Has an Id,  Title and date,  Status., other information   

The ID can show up multiple times with different day with a different status

Table 2 has  main ID and a another ID that it is linked to.   Its basicall just keeping track that ID1 is linked to ID2

For my visual it is a stacked column chart that sums the Status by date.  In the Y axis I have sum of status in the X I have date,.  But some states are essentially the same and i want to combine them in the column chart as on.

Hope that helps and appreciate the replies!

I was right clicking on the columns not in the visualizations part

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.