Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ohohbudi
Frequent Visitor

How to group data

Hello, I want to ask how to group the data. I have discount product data which contains discount number from 0 - 150 like this : 

Discount List.png

And i want to make a pie chart that only will be divided into 2 categories : '0%' and 'Not 0% Discount'. Then, if I click the the pie chart on 'Not 0% Discount', there will be a table that will show all the discounts percentage > 0% list (1%, 3%, 5%, 7%, etc)

Whether i have to make a measure or column to make it? And then how the content of that measure/column? 

Really hope your all help, Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ohohbudi,

>>I want to create a pie chart divided into 2 categories : '0%' and 'Not 0% Discount'. Then, if I click the the pie chart on 'Not 0% Discount', there will be a table that will show all the discounts percentage > 0% list (1%, 3%, 5%, 7%, etc)

For your requriement, I try to reproduce and get expected result.

I create sample table.

1.PNG

I create a calculated column to  get percentage ([Diskon Product]/[Total Product]). Then use IF...ELSE function to judge if the percentage is 0.

Percentage = Table2[Diskon]/CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[Diskon]),ALL(Table2))

Tag = IF(Table2[Percentage]=0,"0%","Not 0% Discount")

2.PNG

Create a Pie Chart and Table visual. Please view the following screenshot. The green part show the count of 0 percents, and the back part shows the not 0 percents.

3.png5.PNG

When you click the 0%, it will list the 0 %. Otherwise, it will returns other results.

11.PNG12.PNG
Please let me know  if you have any issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ohohbudi,

>>I want to create a pie chart divided into 2 categories : '0%' and 'Not 0% Discount'. Then, if I click the the pie chart on 'Not 0% Discount', there will be a table that will show all the discounts percentage > 0% list (1%, 3%, 5%, 7%, etc)

For your requriement, I try to reproduce and get expected result.

I create sample table.

1.PNG

I create a calculated column to  get percentage ([Diskon Product]/[Total Product]). Then use IF...ELSE function to judge if the percentage is 0.

Percentage = Table2[Diskon]/CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[Diskon]),ALL(Table2))

Tag = IF(Table2[Percentage]=0,"0%","Not 0% Discount")

2.PNG

Create a Pie Chart and Table visual. Please view the following screenshot. The green part show the count of 0 percents, and the back part shows the not 0 percents.

3.png5.PNG

When you click the 0%, it will list the 0 %. Otherwise, it will returns other results.

11.PNG12.PNG
Please let me know  if you have any issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

MalS
Resolver III
Resolver III

Click on your discount field in the field list on the right, then on the ribbon click on Modeling > New Group. Set group type to List, then click on the 0 and click the Group button. That's your 0% group. There should also be an 'Other' group that will automatically contain everything else (which you can rename if you like). Click OK and the group will show up as a new field that you can add to your pie chart, etc.

If you add a table with the discount field it will list all of the discounts (make sure you set it to Don't Summarize), then when you click on the pie chart it will automatically filter the table the way you want. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.