Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to graphic a Matrix

Im new in this, please help me to graphic this.

image.png

If you can not see the image i will explain.

In the first column I have listed for steel members...mark 1, mark 2, mark 3, etc...

The areas where those steel members will be sent are many, so I put in every columnn a facility name with its quantity. the columns are Area A, Area B, Area C...etc. The marks are not restricted to facilities, so they can be sent in different numbers to more than one facility. Also, in the final column I have the status of every mark...In review, Released,

How can i praphic it?

I want a stacked bar chart with facilities in Y axis, number of pieces by facility in X axis, and inside the color of the different status of theses pieces. Somenthing as it shows below (it is a random drawing so it may not match with the table).

image.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
moumipanja
Employee
Employee

1. Go to Edit Queries, select columns Area A, Area B, Area C, Area D. Right click and select Unpivot Only Selected Columns. You will get a table like this from your original table.

1.JPG

2. Select Status and Attribute column. Right click and select Group By -> Advanced. Add new column name as SUM, select Operation as Sum and Column as Value. You will get a table like this. 

1.JPG

3. Select close and apply to exit from Edit Queries. Select Stacked Bar Chart, keep Attribute in Axis, Status in Legend and SUM in Value. 

1.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
moumipanja
Employee
Employee

1. Go to Edit Queries, select columns Area A, Area B, Area C, Area D. Right click and select Unpivot Only Selected Columns. You will get a table like this from your original table.

1.JPG

2. Select Status and Attribute column. Right click and select Group By -> Advanced. Add new column name as SUM, select Operation as Sum and Column as Value. You will get a table like this. 

1.JPG

3. Select close and apply to exit from Edit Queries. Select Stacked Bar Chart, keep Attribute in Axis, Status in Legend and SUM in Value. 

1.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! It worked perfectly.

@Anonymous I am glad that it helped. Could you please mark my post as a solution 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.