Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pallavi
Helper II
Helper II

How to get values under particular row in Matrix Table

SSRSSSRSPower BIPower BI

Li 6iv balance quarter level displayed only for Borough Level as seen in SSRS Report i.e rest of the values are blank. While adding in PowerBI i am finding a problem to restrict the value for Borough Level  the values are getting displayed on each row and summing up the total which gives wrong value. Please help me

6 REPLIES 6
Pallavi
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks much for sharing the link. I went through but felt this is not related to my question though i am not sure. In my table all values are empty for Li 6iv balance column at station Level and WatchName Level and the value exists only at borough level under Total. How can i display the value in Total row at Borough Level considering rest of the values are empty.

Link provided says there are certain values for every year , based on the condition it is summing up the values and giving the result.

Suppose consider the same case , year1, year2...,year5 values are empty , there is a total column which gives a direct value of 5000. How can i display 5000 in Total row.

Regards

Hi @Pallavi,

I am still confusing, the 541 is not calculated from the rows above, come from a table directly. And I am not specific about SSAS, you'd better share your sample table. I totally understand your data is private, you can create same fake data like yours, then post the expected result. So that we can post solution which is close to your requirement.

In addition, total row value is always based on the calculation of rows above.

Best Regards,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pallavi,

How did you calculate the total? How to get 541? And in Power BI martix, "min of Li 6iv balance quarter level" is a measure, could you please share your resource table, and more details for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angela,

Value 541 stored under LI 6iv Balance column comes from a table directly, populating the same value in SSRS. In PowerBI , how can i restrict it to Borough Level

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

This is a fairly common issue, take a look at this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for your reply.Could you be more descriptive.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.