Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get values of matrix where the values are negative

Product	 2015-5	2015-9	2015-25
Tomato	 7899	 254	 78
Orange	  43	 466	-365
Banana	 -90	 32	     527
Spinach	  89	-647	173

I have stock data that looks like above, the columns are date in Year-Week format, while the rows are products. I want to capture the values of the products where the stock level is negative regardless of the date. If it is negative at any point of time, I want to capture the product name. For instance, here in my sample data above, Orange, Banana and Spinach are the values I want to get. 

Here is my trial DAX code below:

Stock Required = sumx(Inventory,Inventory[Stock Available])

Short Components = IF([Stock Required]>=0,BLANK(),FIRSTNONBLANKVALUE(Inventory[Product],1))

But this is not considering the date I assume, because some products with negative stock level are not being captured. 

Any help on this would be great. How can I achieve this with DAX please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Assume your data table is like below, you can add a Flag column to mark whether a stock is negative.

Flag = IF(Inventory[Stock]<0,1,0)

062301.jpg

Then create a measure to sum the flag column, put it into the filter pane and set value is 1. Products with any negative stock will be shown in the matrix.

Measure = IF(SUM(Inventory[Flag])>0,1,0)

062302.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Assume your data table is like below, you can add a Flag column to mark whether a stock is negative.

Flag = IF(Inventory[Stock]<0,1,0)

062301.jpg

Then create a measure to sum the flag column, put it into the filter pane and set value is 1. Products with any negative stock will be shown in the matrix.

Measure = IF(SUM(Inventory[Flag])>0,1,0)

062302.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try a measure like

Stock Required = sumx(filter(summarize(Inventory,Inventory[product], Inventory[Date],"Stock" ,sum(Inventory[Stock Available])), [Stock]<0),[Stock])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.