Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IoanCosmin
Helper III
Helper III

How to get updated visuals in older reports without recreating them

I have installed the July Update last week and I am wondering if there is a way to update the visuals on my older reports. Everytime Power BI comes out with a nicer slicer or matrix I am having a hard time getting those new features in the reports that I have created in the past.

For example, I really like the new matrix look with the drill down buttons on the top right and I want to convert one of my report to the new look. The only way I have found it to work is to create a new report and copy the queries over but that is a lot of work. Is there a way to achieve this without creating a new .pbix? There has to be a workaround...

Thank you,

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @IoanCosmin,

This is not a new matrix visual this is the new option for the headers in all visuals headers new style you can have it in any visual and in any PBIX file:

• File
  • Options & Settings
  • Options
  • Report settings
  • Check the: Use the modern visual header with updated styling options 

This is defined at the PBIX file level, by default is active on the older files is not active.

headers.gif

Regards,

MFelix.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @loanCosmin,

You just need to select the visual and change it.

In your case when you select the matrix check if in the visuals selection the matrix is active if not just choose it, if is selected change it to a table and then to a matrix again shoild work.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hello MFelix,

I have tried that and it does not work. I changed the matrix visual to a table and then back to a matrix and nothing changes. Even if I add a brand new matrix on a different page it is still the same.

Only if I start a new report from scratch I can see the new feature. Here's what I am seeing vs what I am looking to get:

notworking.png

Is there anything that I am missing?

Thanks for your help,

C

Hi @IoanCosmin,

This is not a new matrix visual this is the new option for the headers in all visuals headers new style you can have it in any visual and in any PBIX file:

• File
  • Options & Settings
  • Options
  • Report settings
  • Check the: Use the modern visual header with updated styling options 

This is defined at the PBIX file level, by default is active on the older files is not active.

headers.gif

Regards,

MFelix.

Regards

Miguel Félix

This is exactly what I was looking for. I have turned it on after installing the update but I was not aware that you also have to do it on individual reports. I appreciate your help.

I do have another example where you might be able to help. It is exactly the same case but for the decimal filter slicer. On older reports I am getting the old look instead of the round handles. Is there a way to get around this? I have tried re-adding the slicer but without any luck.

Thanks you,

C

slicersetting.png

Hi @IoanCosmin,

I can't replicate this issue can you share a sample of the file?

Regards.

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hello MFelix,

Sorry for the slow reply. Can you please have a look at the file below?

If contains an old slicer. Is there a way to convert it?

https://bit.ly/2OUYQEF

Thank you,

C

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.