Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ritesh_Air
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to get totals correct?

Hi,

I am having difficulty to calculate Totals correctly. Here is my code. Individual rows comes correctly. I put 6 over there to make a sense.

I just need to count a column to get value of 3,960,891.

I tried HasOneFilter as well but not sure, what to write on the second half of the IF statement?

New Measure Numerator =
VAR __summarytable =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        SUMMARIZE ( 'Sales Order Detail', Retailer[Retailer AB Number] ),
        "@Total", CALCULATE (
            SUM ( 'Sales Order Detail'[Custom Quantity] ),
            'Order Type'[Order Type Transaction Group] = "Sales"
        ),
        "@Brand Product Line Return Flag", IF ( ISBLANK ( [Return/Dump Quantity] ), "NO", "YES" )
    )
VAR __total =
    SUMX ( __summarytable, [@Total] )
VAR __returnstotal =
    IF (
        HASONEFILTER ( 'Product'[Product Marketing Brand] ),
        SUMX (
            FILTER ( __summarytable, [@Brand Product Line Return Flag] = "YES" ),
            [@Total]
        ),
    )
RETURN
    __returnstotal

Totals.PNG

Thanks,

Ritesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ritesh_Air 

Kindly find my below results:

08.PNG

Pbix attached.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Ritesh_Air it will be much easier if you paste a sample data with the expected output, rather than posting DAX, and then someone has to reverse engineer your code.

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12C0V1_wQmMRjuOMCDHy0aY7eF0-a2NeS?usp=sharing

Here is the pbix and the screenshot.

side note: They should have a function to sum the column. There are so many hoops to go through to get the totals and I always get confused.

Thanks for your help.

Ritesh

Hi @Ritesh_Air 

Kindly find my below results:

08.PNG

Pbix attached.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.