Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mlmagl14
Helper I
Helper I

How to get total sales in a date range

Hi,

I have a sales report with sales numbers that shows all the sales from multiple vendors for 2022. I would like to create a report that shows me the percentage of total sales from only 2 specific vendors from a date range. I created a matrix table where I filtered my two vendors I want to look at. I have the 2022 total sales of those two vendors in one column and I created another measure to show total sales of All the vendors, so that I can divide the two to get me the % of total sales for those two vendors. The matrix I created shows me % of sales for all of 2022. Now I would like to do this same thing, but from a specific date range like the week of April 18-24. I would need the total sales of that week for those two vendors and the total sales of All the vendors for that week so i can find the percentage of total sales. Is that possible? Is there a dax for this?

Sales.jpg

Data set ex.

data set.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @mlmagl14 ,

Your measures will be something like below but depends on how your dataset is modeled.

Sales From To =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Table[Value] ),
    DATESBETWEEN ( 'Table'[Date], DATE ( 2022, 4, 18 ), DATE ( 2022, 4, 22 ) )
)
Vendor Sales From To =
CALCULATE (
    [Sales From To],
    FILTER ( Table, Table[Vendor] = "Vendor 1" || Table[Vendor] = "Vendor 2" )
)
Percentage =
DIVIDE ( [Vendor Sales From To], [Sales From To] )

If you want your questions answered quickly and with better solutions, please read this post:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523#M6071...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @mlmagl14 ,

Your measures will be something like below but depends on how your dataset is modeled.

Sales From To =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Table[Value] ),
    DATESBETWEEN ( 'Table'[Date], DATE ( 2022, 4, 18 ), DATE ( 2022, 4, 22 ) )
)
Vendor Sales From To =
CALCULATE (
    [Sales From To],
    FILTER ( Table, Table[Vendor] = "Vendor 1" || Table[Vendor] = "Vendor 2" )
)
Percentage =
DIVIDE ( [Vendor Sales From To], [Sales From To] )

If you want your questions answered quickly and with better solutions, please read this post:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523#M6071...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mlmagl14 .

If you want your data to filter by week range then you can create week number using =WEEKNUM('Date column') and then have it inside a slicer.

Thanks,
Sanket

If this post helps, then mark it as 'Accept as Answer' and give it a thumbs up.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mlmagl14 , create a range based slicer on date and you can get it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.