Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mluanacruz
Helper I
Helper I

How to get the product of a whole row of numbers

Hi, 
How do you get the same formula "product" from excel on power bi?
I have this measure that calculates the ratio of two dates and then I took a few different averages from this ratio measure like AVG 3, AVG 6.

My question is: How can I get the product of the average row?

here is my excel and power bi link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tw2kxHBZ93OjckLULVxbonYXQaWjPDld?usp=sharing

mluanacruz_0-1668117485192.png

Thanks in advance for the help.

Michelle

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mluanacruz ,

In DAX, there is the same PRODUCT function as in Excel. But it returns the product of the numbers in a column not a row.

PRODUCT function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn

You may first unpivot the columns to make rows convert to one column.

vstephenmsft_2-1669883853181.png

vstephenmsft_1-1669883784631.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @mluanacruz,

You can use:

Product = IF('Table'[Period]="AVG 3", 'Table'[1-Ult],0) * IF('Table'[Period]="AVG 6", 'Table'[1-Ult],0)

Works for you? Mark this post as a solution if it does!
Check out this blog of mine: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

Hi @Shaurya ,
Thanks for the help.
I am trying to understand your measure. Did you have time to take a look at my Power BI one drive?

Product = IF('Table'[Period]="AVG 3", 'Table'[1-Ult],0) * IF('Table'[Period]="AVG 6", 'Table'[1-Ult],0)

1) Are you multiplying the AVG 3 * AVG 6? Because my end goal is to get the product of the whole Average 3 row, like the picture, I attached below:

mluanacruz_0-1668122750348.png

2) Table[period] and Table[1-Ult] - Will the period be the date I am using? but what is Table[1-Ult]?

I am trying to understand a little bit better what you did.

Thanks again for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.