Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FranciscoJVV
Frequent Visitor

How to get the first and last value based on a date and hour

So i have a colums where i get the date and hour, for example on 01/21 i can have 3 values in diferrent hours, like 01/21 10:00 ; 01/21 09:20 ; 01/21  13:05, and i need to get only the 01/21 09:20 wich is the first date that day, and the same but with the last date

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm guessing you're already using a plain date column as a slicer or something like that in order to select the date. If not, may I suggest doing that? From there the first would just be MIN(TableName[DateTimeColumn]) and the last would be MAX(TableName[DateTimeColumn]).

Unless you're trying to do this as another column rather than a measure, in which case I'm not sure how you would want that to work. Would you want all three rows for 1/21 to show the 9:20 time?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm guessing you're already using a plain date column as a slicer or something like that in order to select the date. If not, may I suggest doing that? From there the first would just be MIN(TableName[DateTimeColumn]) and the last would be MAX(TableName[DateTimeColumn]).

Unless you're trying to do this as another column rather than a measure, in which case I'm not sure how you would want that to work. Would you want all three rows for 1/21 to show the 9:20 time?

thanks for the help, I've been using power bi like a week ago, so I'm learning all the comands

I can sympathize. I've been using it since the day it was released to the public and I'm still learning. 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.