Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

frame242
Employee
Employee

How to get schedule data from MS Project Online to PowerBI

Hello,

I created a new MS Project Online and I connected that to my MS Project (Desktop).

Now, I see the schedule data in MS Project Online but I cannot get the schedule data to PowerBI through the API.

Can someone let me know how I can get my schedule data from Project Online to PowerBI?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @frame242 

You can try to use the Project Power BI template to import and analyze data from Project for the web and Project Online into Power BI.The template is designed to help you quickly connect to your Dataverse instance in Dynamics 365 where your Project for the web data is stored, as well as connect to your Project Web App tenant in Office 365. You will be able to download a variety of data to visually explore and monitor all the key aspects of your PPM deployment. There are multiple visually rich report pages for the portfolio, resource, and project overview.

Please refer to  this document for more details.

connect-to-project-for-the-web-data-through-powerbi-desktop 

You can also try to connect to Project Online with OData.

desktop-project-online-connect-to-data 

Project Online Power BI Template App:

project Online template file

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @frame242 

You can try to use the Project Power BI template to import and analyze data from Project for the web and Project Online into Power BI.The template is designed to help you quickly connect to your Dataverse instance in Dynamics 365 where your Project for the web data is stored, as well as connect to your Project Web App tenant in Office 365. You will be able to download a variety of data to visually explore and monitor all the key aspects of your PPM deployment. There are multiple visually rich report pages for the portfolio, resource, and project overview.

Please refer to  this document for more details.

connect-to-project-for-the-web-data-through-powerbi-desktop 

You can also try to connect to Project Online with OData.

desktop-project-online-connect-to-data 

Project Online Power BI Template App:

project Online template file

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi Community Support,

Thanks for sharing this information.

I am trying to get the schedule data from Project Online using the API connection. Unfortunately I am unable to see this data there.

Do you know how I can get access to this data from PowerBI? (refer to image below)

Thanks!

Schedule Data example1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.