Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get rid of total for measure

Hi, 

I've done some investigating on how to get rid of the total value for a table, using this measure: 

SupplierNameandNumberFiltered =

IF(
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(IMSDocumentsHeadersSuppliers), FILTER(IMSDocumentsHeadersSuppliers, IMSDocumentsHeadersSuppliers[Supplier Number] = SELECTEDVALUE(Suppliers[Supplier Number]))) > 0,
("(" & SELECTEDVALUE(Suppliers[Supplier Name]) & " (" & SELECTEDVALUE(Suppliers[Supplier Number]) & " )" ), BLANK()
)

I've read that using HASONEVALUE can work but I cannot see where to place it - i've tried it in three places, and I keep getting errors. 

Any help with this would be great!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

Here is an example of ISINSCOPE in action:

Setup.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The total value is from the summary value of the table field? Or do you just want to remove summary section below the table visual as Table 2 in the below screenshot ? If it's the latter , you can go to " Format " tab in in-the-name and find " Total " option to to toggle it off .get rid of total.JPG

If the above information is not in your scenario, please provide some sample data in related tables and your expected results. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena 

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft

I just want the first columns total to be removed, not both. I am sorry I cannot provide data because our data is not anonymised yet. But basically, it looks similar to your first example, but I want to keep the 20 and get rid of the text part. 

@Anonymous 

Here is an example of ISINSCOPE in action:

Setup.png

Paul on Linkedin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulDBrown Thank you that example is really clear 🙂 

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

use ISINSCOPE, as in:

remove total = IF(ISINSCOPE(table[column]), [your meausre], BLANK())

where table[column] is the field in the Table/Matrix visual.

does that make sense?

Paul on Linkedin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @PaulDBrown 

no sorry that doesn't seem to work.

I tried wrapping my existing measure - which is the column in the table and also I have tried creating a new measure doing this - which just creates an entirely blank column. 

I want the total for thiscolumn to not exist on the table.

Any other ideas? 

@Anonymous
Can you please post your measure, the visual of the table and state the fields you are using in the table?

Paul on Linkedin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulDBrown, I hope this helps 

Measure: 

SupplierNameandNumberFiltered =
IF(
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(IMSDocumentsHeadersSuppliers), FILTER(IMSDocumentsHeadersSuppliers, IMSDocumentsHeadersSuppliers[Supplier Number] = SELECTEDVALUE(Suppliers[Supplier Number]))) > 0,
("(" & SELECTEDVALUE(Suppliers[Supplier Name]) & " (" & SELECTEDVALUE(Suppliers[Supplier Number]) & " )" ), BLANK())

Which provides the field Supplier for the table - It concatonates the supplier name and number in the table. I cannot provide a screen shot of the tablem here is an example version. I want to keep the totals on all the other columsn that I have totals on, but just remove them for example on the supplier column. This column uses this measure as it is a drill through page from a previous page that has an inactive relationship, I want to take the selected supplier number from the table Suppliers, and make that be teh same as the value from IMSDocumentHeadersSuppliers - which is where the rest of the data is coming from for the report below. 

Supplier (using my mesaure)Transaction no. DateBase Invoice Value
Supplier 1130 Aug 201310.00
Supplier 1212 Dec 201920.00
Total: Supplier 1  30.00

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.