Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prash546
Helper I
Helper I

How to get rid of 'Others' in Water fall chart?

Hello Team,

I have create water fall chart all the bars are coming as expected, apart from increase, decrease and total I am getting another bar/indicator as Others highlighted in yellow which is wrong? any way to get rid of this ?

2021-05-12_16-38-53.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Prash546 

Power BI uses the value in Breakdown to add additional data to the visualization.

If you have use a field  in "Breakdown" of Water fall chart , you'd better to check  the MAX breakdowns.

In my case, I set the value of MAX breakdown to 11 , so each category will has at most 11 data points (bar)  instead of just one. Other datapoints (if it exists other datapoint) in category will naturally be classified as "other" .

51.png

For more details ,pleasae refer to this documnet.

power-bi-visualization-waterfall-charts 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Prash546 

Power BI uses the value in Breakdown to add additional data to the visualization.

If you have use a field  in "Breakdown" of Water fall chart , you'd better to check  the MAX breakdowns.

In my case, I set the value of MAX breakdown to 11 , so each category will has at most 11 data points (bar)  instead of just one. Other datapoints (if it exists other datapoint) in category will naturally be classified as "other" .

51.png

For more details ,pleasae refer to this documnet.

power-bi-visualization-waterfall-charts 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.