Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AnandRanga
Helper III
Helper III

How to get real time data in power BI without using data gateway ?

Hello all,

I am  creating a dashboard with database that is hosted on Azure, in this case I cant install Data Gateway as it is not server where I can install data gateway. 

In this case how can I setup daily refresh schedule. So that dashboard can show the current data.

I have setup a dataset in PowerBI via Azure, that is sending data real time but my problem is I cant do much data transformation in online app of Power BI. Is it possible to create dashboard on Power BI desktop and then publish it on web with live dataset.

Please provide some link also if possible.

Thanks for your time.

@Vvelarde

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AnandRanga,

We don't need a gateway for cloud data sources like Azure SQL Database. The service will be able to connect to that data source without a gateway. For more details, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually I am using Azure real time streaming job and connecting power BI online and it's working fine with that but I cant transform data in power BI online as there is no option for data modeling in power BI online. 

When I create dashboard in power BI desktop and deploy it on web It doesn't get refreshed. So my question is:

1) Is it possible to create dashboard in power BI desktop using Azure database credentials and then deploy it on web and get it refreshed in every 10 seconds.

2) Is it possible to transform the data or a bit of data modeling in poewr BI online OR we have to send transformed data from Azure itself ?

I have also used direct query but it works when I reload the page.

Thanks for your time.

Did you find a way to solve your problem?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.