Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

M_OConnor
Helper I
Helper I

How to 'get' rank data to show a user's performance rank.

Hi there, I am trying to get something that works a bit like following picture below (I have a more complex table). I swear I am so close.

So far I have successfully:

1. Ranked all my users based on their performance (in my example below I'm using apples to show this)

I want to:

2. Get the value of the rank from the user who is logged in and concatinate that to a string that says something like 'rank x'.

I'm just finding it VERY hard to say "Get the rank value of this specific person when they are logged in.":

image.png

Without going into too much detail, I cannot rely on SQL to rank these values because month, day and year filters also come into the equation (in the larger picture), which complicates the hell out of things. I also cannot use a report level filter upon each of these roles because thten the RANX won't work properly (as none of the other users would then exist).

Here's what I'm doing in DAX. The result of the following just gives me 1/4 no matter who is viewing: 

AppleCount = MIN('Users'[Apples])

Apple_Ranking = RANKX(all('Users'[User_Email]),[AppleCount],,DESC)
FormattedRank = FORMAT(Users[Apple_Ranking], Users[Apple_Ranking])

UsersRank = CONCATENATE(CALCULATE(VALUE('Users'[Apple_Ranking]), FILTER(Users, Users[User_Email] = USERNAME())),"/4")

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @M_OConnor

Give this a shot please

UsersRank =
CONCATENATE (
    CALCULATE ( VALUE ( Users[Apple_Ranking] ), Users[User Email] = USERNAME () ),
    "/4"
)

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

View solution in original post

@Zubair_Muhammad thanks for the suggestion. I will test this out tomorrow when I'm in front of my environment and let you know as soon as I try this.

Take care

M

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @M_OConnor

Give this a shot please

UsersRank =
CONCATENATE (
    CALCULATE ( VALUE ( Users[Apple_Ranking] ), Users[User Email] = USERNAME () ),
    "/4"
)

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

@Zubair_Muhammad you just solved an issue that was going on for quite some time! Thank you.

@Zubair_Muhammad thanks for the suggestion. I will test this out tomorrow when I'm in front of my environment and let you know as soon as I try this.

Take care

M

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.