Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tony5
Helper I
Helper I

How to get page view filters to apply in SUMMARIZECOLUMNS ?

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I saved a dummy PBIX as reference in https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auva6_FSOsP03BrdzUVDIFr-KvJy?e=z3bh5K

In the report page, you'll see 3 tables. Top half shows 2 tables when the parameter is a 3. Let's focus there. Now on to my image...

Outbound Dummy1.png

I'd like to have the "270" (which is follow-up calls with call attempts of 3+), be taken out of that cell, and be added to the "Unreachable" row instead. I figured I can just create a new table, and then just do my manipulations from there, my problem is that, I can't figure out how to make filters relevant on the source tables before they get summarized. Any nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

TLDR: how to make page view filters affect your SUMMARIZECOLUMNS function?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Tony5 

Add this calculated column to Sheet2

For Summary =
IF (
    RELATED ( Lookup[Category Group] ) = "For Follow-up"
        && Sheet2[Attempts 3] = "3+",
    "Unreachable",
    RELATED ( Lookup[Category Group] )
)

Then switch out the axis label in your matrix from Category Group - to "For Summary" (or what ever you want to call it)

swise001_1-1597941085090.png

You don't need the summarized tables.

swise001_0-1597941020423.png

You 'could' create another Category Group reference table and create a relationship to the "For Summary" column.  You would get the same result.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Tony5 

Add this calculated column to Sheet2

For Summary =
IF (
    RELATED ( Lookup[Category Group] ) = "For Follow-up"
        && Sheet2[Attempts 3] = "3+",
    "Unreachable",
    RELATED ( Lookup[Category Group] )
)

Then switch out the axis label in your matrix from Category Group - to "For Summary" (or what ever you want to call it)

swise001_1-1597941085090.png

You don't need the summarized tables.

swise001_0-1597941020423.png

You 'could' create another Category Group reference table and create a relationship to the "For Summary" column.  You would get the same result.  

Wow. Thank you so much for the simple solution. I swear I spent an embrassing amount of time trying to resolve this on my own yesterday. Appreciate the assistance!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Here's some pseudo code.

IF(SELECTEDVALUE([Parameter])=3 && SELECTEDVALUE([CategoryGroup])="3+",<do one thing>,<do the other thing>)

Note that this will mess with your totals, so you may have to employ HASONEVALUE() as needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.