Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to get live twitter data in Power Bi

Hi All,

I have a requirement to show live twitter data in Power BI. And then do some sentiment analysis on top of that.

Need your input to explore more on this. Is there any straight forward way to do that. Or any license needed.

Any blog would be really helpful.

Regards,

Akash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @akj2784,

Maybe I misundersand your requirement before.

It seems that you want to create a streaming dataset for twitter data in Power BI Service.

streaming dataset.png

You could have a reference of this blog.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AFarouk
Regular Visitor

I have found this tutorial and I fount it direct ant simple  for connecting Power BI with Twitter API

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i88CBli0uQc

The app only allows the extraction of a very smal number of rows.

Does anyone knows how to get more rows? 

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @akj2784,

You may could use web data source to call Twitter API and do the data cleaning in Query Editor. Available retrieved data are also depends on the Twitter API.

For reference, you could have a good look at the blog: Get Data from Twitter API with Power Query.

In addition, you could refer to this similar thread.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have read those blogs but it does not talk about live streaming of the data. 

However I got a blog which uses Microsoft Flow to live stream the data from twitter.

Hi @akj2784,

Maybe I misundersand your requirement before.

It seems that you want to create a streaming dataset for twitter data in Power BI Service.

streaming dataset.png

You could have a reference of this blog.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Thank you. I already read that.

Somehow when I tweet something, it doesnt automatically reflect in Power BI Dashboard. 

But when I refresh the page, it comes up.

Ideally it should automatically show in the dashboard as soon as the new tweets related to the hashtag comes up. I have pinned the report to dashboard but still not showing. And microsoft flow also ran successfully.

Regards,

Akash

Hi @akj2784

From that blog, we could push data to Power BI streaming datasets without writing any code using Microsoft Flow.

If you have solved your problem, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.