Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get different measures shown within one matrix

Hey everyone,

I want to create a multidimensional "P&L"-Like matrix within my Power BI Dashboard.

Therefore I have created different measures, with each of them representing one row within my P&L.

For example, the first measure calculates the "Revenue", the second measure calculates the "Cost of Sales", the third one calculates the "Gross Margin" and so on.

In terms of the columns, I have separated my matrix by different products, so that I can see the revenue for every single product next to each other.

My problem is:

How do I get the different measures (as mentioned before) into my matrix? Every measure should be represended within one row, but it does not seem to be possible.

Does someone have any advice here? Maybe I can write the results of the measures within a new table, so that I can use this new table for my matrix?

Looking forward to your advice here!

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , Enable show on row and take the product of column, nothing on row and measure on values and you have use calculation groups for multiple measures

calculation groups
https://www.sqlbi.com/blog/marco/2020/07/15/creating-calculation-groups-in-power-bi-desktop/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

thank you very much for your answer!

Unfortunately, that is not exactly what I am looking for.

The table that I described in my initial message should be shown permanently and I do not want to change the content of it by using a slicer.

My problem is, that I cannot select more than one measure to be shown within the different rows.

It should look like this:

Product IProduct IIProduct III
RevenueResult Measure IResult Measure IResult Measure I
Cost of SalesResult Measure IIResult Measure IIResult Measure II
Gross ProfitResult Measure IIIResult Measure IIIResult Measure III

@Anonymous , Enable show on row and take the product of column, nothing on row and measure on values and you have use calculation groups for multiple measures

calculation groups
https://www.sqlbi.com/blog/marco/2020/07/15/creating-calculation-groups-in-power-bi-desktop/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that did the trick!

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.