Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rishabh03
Frequent Visitor

How to get count of rows and average of data at the bottom of matrix? (Data is dynamic)

I have requirement in which I need to get the count of correct data and average of it, below is the sample which I need to achieve, I have highligted the part in which I need help.

Rishabh03_0-1652783334140.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rishabh03 ,

Sorry, to my knowledge, it's not possible two add additional rows in Matrix. So I choose to do it in Table visual before.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rishabh03 ,

Is there another table that identify the correct answers for questions as shown below?

Eyelyn9_0-1653025686675.png

If so, I'd suggest you add columns to such table:

No. =
SWITCH (
    [Question],
    "Question 1",
        CALCULATE (
            COUNTROWS ( 'Table' ),
            FILTER ( 'Table', [Question 1] = EARLIER ( Answers[Answer] ) )
        ),
    "Question 2",
        CALCULATE (
            COUNTROWS ( 'Table' ),
            FILTER ( 'Table', [Question 2] = EARLIER ( Answers[Answer] ) )
        ),
    "Question 3",
        CALCULATE (
            COUNTROWS ( 'Table' ),
            FILTER ( 'Table', [Question 3] = EARLIER ( Answers[Answer] ) )
        ),
    "Question 4",
        CALCULATE (
            COUNTROWS ( 'Table' ),
            FILTER ( 'Table', [Question 4] = EARLIER ( Answers[Answer] ) )
        )
) + 0
Assessment Average = [No.] /  COUNTROWS('Table') 

Eyelyn9_1-1653026617455.png Eyelyn9_2-1653026633812.png

Or then create a new table since you want add new rows, and it will be a little complex:

New Table =
VAR _t2 =
    ROW (
        "Student Name", BLANK (),
        "Question 1", LOOKUPVALUE ( Answers[No.], Answers[Question], "Question 1" ),
        "Question 2", LOOKUPVALUE ( Answers[No.], Answers[Question], "Question 2" ),
        "Question 3", LOOKUPVALUE ( Answers[No.], Answers[Question], "Question 3" ),
        "Question 4", LOOKUPVALUE ( Answers[No.], Answers[Question], "Question 4" )
    )
VAR _t3 =
    ROW (
        "Student Name", BLANK (),
        "Question 1", LOOKUPVALUE ( Answers[Assessment Average], Answers[Question], "Question 1" ),
        "Question 2", LOOKUPVALUE ( Answers[Assessment Average], Answers[Question], "Question 2" ),
        "Question 3", LOOKUPVALUE ( Answers[Assessment Average], Answers[Question], "Question 3" ),
        "Question 4", LOOKUPVALUE ( Answers[Assessment Average], Answers[Question], "Question 4" )
    )
RETURN
    UNION ( 'Table', _t2, _t3 )

Eyelyn9_3-1653026794457.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-eqin-msft  Thanks for the repsonse, questions are not fixed those are dynamic, question count can increase or decreased based on selection of class. I am using matrix, solution which you have provide is for table, it will be great if you can help me in achieving this in matrix.

Arul
Super User
Super User

@Rishabh03 ,

If you could share your sample data that would be helpful to give the solution.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

Thanks @Arul  for the response, not possible for me to share the data, but for your information, I have data which are displaying are the multiple choice question answer, correct answer are in green and wrong answer are displaying as a red in color, in last two rows I have to get the sum of all the correct answer and the average of it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.