Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to get a table to yield specific data

Hi All

I have created a page with two tables on it.  Two relationship that exists between these two tables is CUSTOMER ID and PART NUMBER.

Table A: SalesLogix Export 

This contains a list of new business opportunities with certain part numbers for certain customers.

It contains certain part numbers on a watch list

Table B: Sales Data

This contains sales for the entire company with no data restrictions.  So it may have part numbers which are not on the Table A watchlist.

Both tables exist on the same page and I have filters for the relationships I mentioned, so if you type a part number both tables will change, however, Table B is displaying all data for that part number, not just specific to Table A.

Is there a way in the software to have Table B only display the data that meets the relationship criteria for both tables?  So if the relationships are Customer ID and Part Number...is there some if/then logic that says if Customer ID and Part number in Table B matches in Table A, then only show that data in Table B?

Emma

Emma
3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@emma313823,

Could you please provide us some sample data and expected result, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

one file is huge...not sure how I could share those with you.  I would like to keep the data from public viewing, so is there a secure way to share?

Not sure how I can show you the end result of what I'm looking for since I don't know how to do this in the software, but the bottom line is I have one report which has the focus part numbers and in the larger data file it has everything.  I want to have the larger file compared to the focus part number file and only yield any focus part numbers based on the relationship of customer ID?  Does this make more sense?  I can send both files, but I just need to know the best way to do that.

Emma

Emma

Any feedback on my last post to this topic?

Emma

Emma

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.