Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dylanae2s
Frequent Visitor

How to get a table of filtered values using DAX?

I have a table of cities which shows their monthly water rates. I created a dashboard so that the user can filter the cities to be within a certain distance. For example you can select a city and then choose to filter it by only showing the average water rates of cities within a 100 mile distance. What I can't figure out how to do is getting a table that shows the filtered data. Lets say it's just a table with two columns, City and water rate. How do I get it so that the table only shows the cities and water rates that are within those 100 miles?

5 REPLIES 5
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dylanae2s ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dylanae2s ,

To my knowledge, it is not possible to create a calculate column/table that could change dynamically with user selections such as slicers on the report. You could create measure instead.

If you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file without sensitive data from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dylanae2s I would recommend sharing the sample pbix file with the expected output and I can get back to you with the solution. Remove any sensitive information before sharing.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dylanae2s you need lat and lng for the cities to make it works? Do have that data? It will help to the calculated the distance between cities and then anything above 100 miles can be filtered. So lat and lng are important to make it work.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yes I have that data. I made a slicer so that I can select the range that I want to filter within. So far I have made cards that show for example the average water rate within the selected radius. However what I can't figure out how to do is making a table that shows the filtered values. For example if there are 3 cities within that distance I want a filtered table that shows City 1,City 1 water rate, City 2, City 2 water rate, etc. I can't figure out how to make that table

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.