Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maulopez
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to get a table chart with numeric values from a line chart with forecasting enabled

Hello, I'm using a simple line chart with sales by week and I've added a forecast from the Analytics Panel. The chart works well and I see that I can export the historic and forecast values to Excel (by going to the ellipsis on the chart). The exported forecast values even include the lower and upper boundaries. Althouth the line chart is great, I need to present the info to the customer in a table, but if I change the chart type from line to table, I don't get the forecast info. I know this is normal behavior in Power BI Desktop. Can anybody advise if there is a way of "grabbing" the numeric values of the forecast from the line chart and then be able to put them in a table inside the data model so that I can use them in a table chart? or alternatively if there are DAX functions to mimic what the Forecast Panel is doing to generate the forecast in the line chart so that again I can make a table in my data model and the use those values in a table chart? Any advise pointing to a solution or any idea will be much appreciated. Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maulopez ,

For your sceniario, you need to create formulas with DAX to implement forecast values in table. And  there is a blog about Recursive Calculations in PowerPivot using DAX you can reference.

If this is not what you want, maybe you could post the dummy file or some sample data, then we can help you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your prompt answer Xue. I am already aware of how to build a forecast using calculated columns or measures, but what I was looking for is to take advantage of the already calculated forecast and upper and lower limits by Power BI's line chart with the forecast generated inside the Analysis Panel. Kind of extracting the info that has already been generated to by Power BI to build the chart. If you happen to come across something like that, please let me know. Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.