Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get SQL query for report

I want to see the Oracle SQL query generated by the PBI report (PBI service), I am using the Oracle database as my source and connecting using Live connection, please let me know how and where we can see the SQL Query.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Here I made a test to connect to Oracle database using Direct Query in Power BI desktop. To see the query for Power BI desktop report, we can find the file named FlightRecorderCurrent.trc in the file path as below. And then use SQL server Profiler to open the file to get SQL query .

C:\Users\Username\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\AnalysisServicesWorkspaces\AnalysisServicesWorkspacexxxx\Data

As in the picture, we can find the SQL query easily.

pastedImage.png

For the report in power Service, aiming to see the SQL query, we can change the setting of Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config file, Just change the EmitQueryTraces value from False to True. Please refer to the online document.Through this way we can get the SQL query like this:

pastedImage (1).png

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Does this make sense? If yes, kindly mark the answer as solution please. Thanks!

Regards,
Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Does this make sense? If yes, kindly mark the answer as solution please. Thanks!

Regards,
Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that helped

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft: i am nt able to find the folder path given in the solution. can you help? struggling with the same problem.

Priya

Did you got the file path that was mentioned in the solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

No i did not get that

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Here I made a test to connect to Oracle database using Direct Query in Power BI desktop. To see the query for Power BI desktop report, we can find the file named FlightRecorderCurrent.trc in the file path as below. And then use SQL server Profiler to open the file to get SQL query .

C:\Users\Username\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\AnalysisServicesWorkspaces\AnalysisServicesWorkspacexxxx\Data

As in the picture, we can find the SQL query easily.

pastedImage.png

For the report in power Service, aiming to see the SQL query, we can change the setting of Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config file, Just change the EmitQueryTraces value from False to True. Please refer to the online document.Through this way we can get the SQL query like this:

pastedImage (1).png

Regards,
Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.