cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: How to get Net Sales and Gross Profit in the same Column/pillar in the visualization of Power BI

Hi @Eped

Please look again in the file. You have column called SwitchMeasure that is giving you both Sales and Gross Margin in the same column. Wasnt that what you needed? 

Br,

Gustav

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: How to get Net Sales and Gross Profit in the same Column/pillar in the visualization of Power BI

Hi Gustav,

I want to show Net sales and GM the same pillar, yes. How can in do that? And of course a dynamic one, that is changing automaticly when you change the the data

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I undertsand that Net sales and Gross is in the same column in your descpriction

Resolver I
Resolver I

@Eped

Everything will be dynamic and change when the data updates. What can I update in the file so that you can solve your problem?

In the solution .pbix I have done the following:

Have Net Sales and GM in the same column
- The measure for this is available aswell in the file
Have GM in % and Net Sales in numbers

/Gustav

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Net sales.JPG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

This is what i want. GM in the buttom of the pillar.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi again @Eped

I understand. I dont think that is possible. You can use GM as a tooltip but not display it like that in %. It is possible if you have Gross Profit as numbers only. You can use the line charts and use the GM % as a line and Net Sales as a pillar. I have updated the file with such an example (it will look good if you have dates on the x-axis, now its just a dot).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgUIGKdICZfnjhe3s540ds57GxQ7

My solution only works if you use a table or a matrix (like a scorecard). 

Best regards,
Gustav

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you Gustav 🙂

I have treied yout solution before. In my case, I am going to use several pillars. As you can see at the picture below, it will be very messy and not visualizing a all.Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Do you have any idea on how this can be made better?

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Eped
I see the problem and why it looks messy.

In your case i would have GM as a tooltip when you hover the columns and use a table/matrix to display them next eachother. Can you maybe have something else with the netsales if you want to visualize the percentages? some costs or anything. 

Another solution would be to use two graphs next to eachother, one for GM and one for Net Sales. Try to make it simple, have a scorecard table, some graphs that show the changes in Net Sales and GM.

/Gustav

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors