Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bavix
Frequent Visitor

How to get ISINSCOPE correct in a matrix?

In my file I connect PROJECTS-OPENHOURS (contains the projects where there is still room for activities, no employee knwon yet, I filled in with an "empty"-emplyee ) with PLANNING (contains the planning of employees on their projects).

Matrix 1A is OK.

But when I drill down I get open hours for the specific employee while they don't have open hours (see Matrix 1B)

So I tried ISINSCOPE in Matrix 2A.

2A is OK, but in 2B  I get other problems (see Matrix 2B): all employees are repeated for each project. And the Open hours per project is missing.

I used:     plan / open SCOPE = SWITCH(TRUE(),ISINSCOPE(Employees[employee]),"", [plan / open])
How to get this solved?
I can send my pbix-file if you want.
Thanks in advance.

screen print with problems.jpgscreen print table Projects Open hours.jpgscreen print with relations.jpgscreen print table Planning.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion with HASONEVALUE. 

It gives a nice possibility in the non aggregated lines. In the hierarchie is has the same effect and does not solve the problem.

It triggered me to look for another solution. With appending the two data-tabels into one table I solved it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@bavix Odd. PBIX might help. Try:

SWITCH(TRUE(),HASONEVALUE(Employees[employee]),"", [plan / open])

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for the suggestion with HASONEVALUE. 

It gives a nice possibility in the non aggregated lines. In the hierarchie is has the same effect and does not solve the problem.

It triggered me to look for another solution. With appending the two data-tabels into one table I solved it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.