Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matheusvassoler
Regular Visitor

How to get 12 month accumulated by different type of date

Hello!

I have a doubt about how to get accumulated value (12 in 12 months) in Power BI. I have a table product that contains a column claims to indicate the failure date and a column to indicate the manufacturing month. I created a table to get initial date (from table product) until now. After a created a DAX to get the accumulated value by claims using datesinperiod function. But now I need to get accumulated value by claims date and manufacturing date too. Goal, get the products that failed and were manufactured in the last 12 months.

I have a relationship between my table date and failure date (table product). I tried to created more one relationship between table date and failure date (table product), but it is not possible.

Formula DAX that I used to get accumulated value only by failure date:

Calculate(SUM(Product claims[total]); DATESINPERIOD(dTableDate[Date]; LAST DATE(dTableDate[Date]); -12; MONTH))
1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I am using something like this and it working. Hope you have continuous dates

Rolling 12 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date Filer],ENDOFMONTH(Sales[Sales Date]),-12,MONTH))  

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks.

My Recent Blog - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.