Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to generate a list of values from a column based on a filter useing another column

Hi all,

I have a table with two columns, first column is type (A,B,C,...) and second column is some textual values .

TypeCode
Aab
Abc
Bde
Cef
Bhj
Alk

I a need a DAX formual to return all values from "Code" column based on a filter for type column. Then I will use this DAX to populate rows of a Matrix visual.

for exmaple I need all codes that are type A . Results (ab,bc,lk).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

Maybe you do not need another column or measure. You can put code in the Colum and Value field.

code and type.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , use concatenatex

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/concatenatex-function-dax

new measure

concatenatex(Table, Table[Code])

display with Type

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak, Sorry I think I wasn't clear in my description of the issue. I don't need to concatinate columns. I need to filter rows in a table and then display values from another column for thise filtered rows.

In my example I want to dispaly all code values that are type A.

@Anonymous 

Maybe you do not need another column or measure. You can put code in the Colum and Value field.

code and type.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.