Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mdaamirkhan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to freeze specific drill +/- icon in Martix

Hi All,

I have below Matrix table but I want to create Matrix view like 2nd screenshot. Can you please help on this how I can create that

Existing Matrix table I have
Screenshot 2022-08-12 170617.png

I want like this view I can do specific drill +/- icon table
Screenshot 2022-08-12 171621.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mdaamirkhan Sure! While creating the report I realised I was wrong about the +/- signs but the dax still works (Show/hide details). Please find the link below.

If you really need the +/- signs then I would recommend Profitbase because their tables are easily customizable but like any other external visual you might want to check with your company policy and they watermark their brand on some of the exports like ppt. So be wary.

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/gnXVAfUi#link

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Is it possible to achieve this with a bookmark to freeze the view? In your bookmark set up, "display" should be ticked. 

Here is the documentation about bookmark. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks?tabs=powerbi-desktop

mdaamirkhan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

If you have created view it will helpful for me if you can share the pbix file i want to see the logic and apply that in my report

Hi @mdaamirkhan ,

Unfortunately, the drill +/- icon does not support such a feature right now.

For such kind of needs, I would suggest you submit an idea in Power BI Ideas: Ideas

It’s a place where the product group collects suggestions from users to improve the features of this product.
Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Then how below table has been design 

mdaamirkhan_0-1660763487213.png

Hi @mdaamirkhan !

I assume you created a table to display the accounts as a matrix.

In this table you can add a column to determine which accounts you wish to show (e.g. [Details] 0,1).

The following dax measure will return a BLANK() value to any subheader with [Details] = 0 resulting in the "+" sign next to the header to disappear.

Measure = 
VAR SubHeaderVisibility = ISFILTERED(Tbl[Accounts])
VAR Display = SELECTEDVALUE(Tbl2[Detail])
VAR Result =
        SWITCH(
            TRUE(),
            SubheaderVisibility=TRUE() && Display=0, BLANK(),
            Display=1, [Value]
        )
RETURN
Result

Another solution would be to use an external visual (e.g. Profitbase)

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

OD

Hi Do you have any pbix file for this and it will be helpful to understand

@mdaamirkhan Sure! While creating the report I realised I was wrong about the +/- signs but the dax still works (Show/hide details). Please find the link below.

If you really need the +/- signs then I would recommend Profitbase because their tables are easily customizable but like any other external visual you might want to check with your company policy and they watermark their brand on some of the exports like ppt. So be wary.

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/gnXVAfUi#link

Which value i will take? Do you have any pbix file for this and it will be helpful to understand

Measure = 
VAR SubHeaderVisibility = ISFILTERED(Tbl[Accounts])
VAR Display = SELECTEDVALUE(Tbl2[Detail])
VAR Result =
        SWITCH(
            TRUE(),
            SubheaderVisibility=TRUE() && Display=0, BLANK(),
            Display=1, [Value]
        )
RETURN
Re 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.