Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How to freeze placement of Small Multiples Category in a Clustered Column Chart

Is there a way to freeze the where the small multiples categories appear in the clustered column chart? 

I added cards that displays YoY Growth for each Category (I have 5:  Commercial, Defense, Other, Rail, and Space). 

What's happening is if someone filters on a category, that category moves in the clustered column chart.  I want each category to stay where it is.

In this picture, it shows where each category is and the card placement above it. 

Small Multiples 1.JPG

But as soon as someone filters on one of the categories (i.e., Rail), it moves that bar chart to the top and the cards no longer correlate to the bar chart.

Small Multiples 2.JPG

Is there a way to "lock" the placement of each category?  Why does it move to the top?  And also, since I'm only filtering on "RAIL" in this example, why is "OTHER" still showing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There is no way to lock this.  Your column chart visual has no idea that there are card visuals layered on top. 

You may not be filtering by the same field, or your measure may modify the filter context to still show "Other".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

the answer remains no.  What you are trying to do is defeating the purpose of small multiples (and "responsive design") a little bit.

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Ok, let's forget the fact that I have card visuals overlaying the small multiples chart. 

Here's my question:  Is there a way to lock the location of each of the categories in a small multiples visual to prevent them from moving around when you use a filter?

Rose

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There is no way to lock this.  Your column chart visual has no idea that there are card visuals layered on top. 

You may not be filtering by the same field, or your measure may modify the filter context to still show "Other".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.