Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lalitha
Frequent Visitor

How to force slicer to select first value by default

How to force slicer to select first value by default?

7 REPLIES 7
natabird3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

chiclet slicer has the ability to force select, however i have discovered that it is limited to 2 slicers per page, more than that breaks the slcier and doesnt work as intended. Anyone found another way to force selection?

You can’t. But you could select the first value, add a bookmark with this item set, then add a button connected to this bookmark. Call the button reset. When the user clicks the button, the first item will be selected

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks for your reply. But this may not help in our requirement as user don’t select anything in the slicer that is the reason am thinking to select the first value by default.But it is sure that there is only one value in the slicer but I want it to select the only value by default.

What ever settings are applied to slicers when you publish to PowerBI.com will be the default. So set what you want, then publish. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

I tried to keep a slicer inside bookmark button but the problem is It is taking only one action( instead of performing both selection in slicer and selection on button it is performing only slicer selection action) it is not performaing button ( bookmark action)

Hi @Lalitha ,

I'm afraid that we cannot set default slicer in Power BI currently.

You could vote the similar idea which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum.

Here are two workarounds which may help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCgK-Ze3nhA

https://www.techmikael.com/2017/12/a-workaround-to-setting-default-slicer.html

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here That single value is dynamic because that is the value coming from drill through from home page.so what ever the value we select in the home page that for drillthrough that is displaying in this page slicer.
I thought to capture or select that value so that it will reflect on other bookmarks.
Here I have homepage which is not having slicer and we need to pass drillthrough to the page1.
But page1 is having 3 tabs which are bookmarks for page2 and page3.
So our requirement is what ever value we are passing from homepage drill through that value should be captured and pass as value to remaining bookmarks.
Here for sync slicer purpose I created bridge table for common value in all pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.