Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

barbforsman
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to find the value of a field in a record based on the values of two other fields in the same rec

I have a table exported from Power BI and attached here  It has with multiple bandwidths and multiple terms on each record.  I need to find the lowest bandwidth and longest term for each record so I can report on the mrc quoted.  How do I approach this in Power BI?

In the example table, I have some records where the fields I need to find are highlighted in yellow and the corresponding field I would report is highlighted in green.
As an added twist, there are cases where we no bid certain bandwidths or terms - I have the values highlighted in pink on one such record.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the "Unpivot Columns" funtionality that enabled me to analyze the data in columns rather than rows.  This is what was needed.  Everyone else probably knew about this but it was new to me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @barbforsman,

Can you mark the proper answer as a solution please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I found the "Unpivot Columns" funtionality that enabled me to analyze the data in columns rather than rows.  This is what was needed.  Everyone else probably knew about this but it was new to me!

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @barbforsman,

Since your data is quite rough, there could be much work to do. Please refer to the attachment for details.

How_to_find_the_value_of_a_field_in_a_record_based_on_the_values_of_two_other_fields_in_the_same

BTW, don't post private data here unless you can do it.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.