Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NoaLowraee
Frequent Visitor

How to filter using the aggregated column after summarize

Hello,

I got a problem and I really want your suggestion.

I have this scenario

ClientId  Project  Creation_Project   platforme

A              PR1       01/01/2022                    P1

A              PR2       01/02/2022                    P2

B              PR3        01/01/2022                   P1

B              PR4        15/02/2022                   P1

I want this result : wich platform got me the first project 

First_touch

P1 : 2

P2 :  1

Last touch :   wich platform got me the last project 

P1 : 1 

P2 : 1 

In this case I need two measure  First_touch_Platform and Last_Touch_Platform 

wich consist on sumarazing by client and selecting the first / Last platform associated with the Min/max Date_creation 

I Did this  for the LastTouch ( the same logic for the firstTouch but unsing Min(client_plat[Creation_Project  ])

LT_PT = 

var TableLastTouch  = 
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
client_plat[clientID],
"Lt_Date", Max(client_plat[Creation_Project  ]),
"LastPlatform", CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(client_plat[Platform],F_PA[Platform]), FILTER(client_plat,client_plat[Creation_Project   ] =  Max(client_plat[Creation_Project   ])))

)
return countRows( TableLastTouch , TableLastTouch[LastPlatform]= selected value in slicer )

the last   TableLastTouch[LastPlatform] does not get reconized by Power BI.

Note : 

The calculation of the measure should not be affected by the Platform ( we need to filter after the calculation otherwise I will have this wich is not correct )

First_touch

P1 : 2

P2 :  1

Last touch :   wich platform got me the last project 

P1 :  2 ==> false

P2 : 1 

Is there any suggestion how can I filter my summarized table ( after having done the summarize) using the aggregated column  LastPlatform ?

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NoaLowraee , Try measures like

First Val=
var _min = calculate(min(Table[Creation_Project]), filter(allselected(Table), Table[Client] = min(Table[Client])))
return
CALCULATE(Count(Table[Project]), filter( (Table), Table[Client] = max(Table[Client]) && Client[Creation_Project] =_min))

Sum First Val = sumx(VALUES(Table[Client]) , [First Val])

Last Val=
var _min = calculate(max(Table[Creation_Project]), filter(allselected(Table), Table[Client] = min(Table[Client])))
return
CALCULATE(Count(Table[Project]), filter( (Table), Table[Client] = max(Table[Client]) && Client[Creation_Project] =_min))

Sum Last Val = sumx(VALUES(Table[Client]) , [Last Val])

refer

Latest
https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-get-the-last-latest-value-of-a-category-d0cf2fcf92d0

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-get-the-sum-of-the-last-latest-value-of-a-category-f1c839ee8...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NoaLowraee , Try measures like

First Val=
var _min = calculate(min(Table[Creation_Project]), filter(allselected(Table), Table[Client] = min(Table[Client])))
return

Sum First Val = sumx(VALUES(Table[Client]) , [First Val])

Last Val=
var _min = calculate(max(Table[Creation_Project]), filter(allselected(Table), Table[Client] = min(Table[Client])))
return

Sum Last Val = sumx(VALUES(Table[Client]) , [Last Val])

refer

Latest
https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-get-the-last-latest-value-of-a-category-d0cf2fcf92d0

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-get-the-sum-of-the-last-latest-value-of-a-category-f1c839ee8...

Hello @amitchandak ,

Thank you for your response. it really helped. 

Working great 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.