Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kamaizziati
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to filter the value data on card

Hi,

I want to show the data on CARD custom visual but I dont want its show the sum value of data if not select specific data using slicer.

Below is the data for column 1 and column2 

2017-11-09_1443.png

I want on the card custom visual show the data overall 10.17% not the sum of the column 2 data but at the same time it interactive with the the slicer custom visual.

Example:

1. Card shows data when not click the slicer

2017-11-09_1433.png

2. When I click WPC05 on slicer it will show data for WPC05

2017-11-09_1449.png

15 REPLIES 15
BeemsC
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey,

If i understand correctly, you want to stop 1 visual interacting with another one.
This can be aquired by using 'edit interactions', in the Format tab

vrobeeld 2.png

Hi @BeemsC,

Thanks for your help but I dont want to stop the interaction. I want its interact with the slicer but I dont want the card custom visual show the sum of the data when we dont use the slicer. I want its show one of the data 10.17%. I think its will have DAX statement but I did not get it.

HI @Kamaizziati, where does 10,17% come from?

Generally you can use functions HASONEVALUE and VALUES for your measure, something like that:

Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE(Table[WPC]), VALUES(Table[Percentage]), [source for 10.17%])

If 10.17% is constant value then

Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE(Table[WPC]), VALUES(Table[Percentage]), 0.1017)

Hi @vik0810,

10.17% is the one of data column 2. How I want to call below in my statement.

[source for 10.17%]

Why this row? is it the smallest/largest percentage? Or any other feature?

Hi @vik0810,

Because it is the overall percentage in the data. Not the smallest and largest percentage.  Its just the percentage number need to highlight.

Hi @Kamaizziati,

Based on my understanding, the column2 is a calculated column in your resouce table, right? If it is, please create a measure using the same formula as the one used in calculated column. And add the measure in card visual.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Not, the calculation not based on the data

Hi @Kamaizziati,

The screenshot including column1 and column2 is a table visual? Please share your sample table, you can post same data model with fake data, and list the expected the result. So that we can analyse your problem deeply.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Below is my sample data

Contract NoActual Previous Month %
C0139.78%
C024.65%
C0315.51%
C0412.48%
C058.59%
C067.01%
C0718.17%
C0810.29%
C097.16%
C109.99%
C119.47%
Overall10.17%

Hi @Kamaizziati,

Please create a measure using the formula below.

Measure 2 =
IF (
    ISBLANK ( SELECTEDVALUE ( Table1[Contract No] ) ),
    CALCULATE (
        FIRSTNONBLANK (
            Table1[Actual Previous Month %],
            Table1[Actual Previous Month %]
        ),
        FILTER ( Table1, Table1[Contract No] = "Overall" )
    ),
    FIRSTNONBLANK (
        Table1[Actual Previous Month %],
        Table1[Actual Previous Month %]
    )
)

Then display it in card visual, when one Contract No is selected, it will show the corresponding value, it will display 10.17% when there is no selection in the slicer as follows.

1.PNG2.PNG
Please download the attachment and review more details.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Sorry for late reply, I already try that on my dashboard but when I click contract selection, the card visual show blank.

Below is my result,2017-11-16_1353.png2017-11-16_1353_001.png

Hi @Kamaizziati,

Do you mind share your sample table by private message, so I can check the more details.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Yes, can share the sample by private message.

Hi @Kamaizziati,

Please confirm the sample data's structure you posted is same with the actual you used. And when you click any another contract value, it returns blank? It's weird, please check if there is real percentage value for "WPC01" contract. Please download my .pbix file and know how it works, then apply it to your actual data.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.