Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to filter the information in table B while selecting a row in Table A

Hello,

In the Visualisation pane, I have two tables.

The first one contains the Job Name (SQL Agent Jobs), Run Date Time (SQL Agent Jobs History), Run Status (SQL Agent Jobs History) and message (SQL Agent Jobs History).

The second table contains Job Name  (SQL Agent Jobs) , Step Name (SQL Agent Jobs Steps) , Step Run Date Time (SQL Agent Jobs Steps History) and  Message (SQL Agent Jobs Steps History).

Imagine that I select in the first table, a job Name with a specific Run Date Time how can I filter the information in the second 

Table in order to see only the steps associated with that Job Name and That  Run Date Time.

Thank for your help

Capture20191114A.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi alepage, 

I am not clear about your requirement, you said that you want to use table 1 to filter table 2's data, I want to know which field you want to use as relationship, Job name or Run Data Time? If possible, could you please inform me more detailed information(such as your data sample and your expected output)? Then I wil help you more correctly. You could use simple data to replace your real data.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I will do my best to explain what I would like to do.

Imagine that I select a row in table 1.  This specific row contains contains a Job Name (SQL Agent Jobs), a Run Date Time (SQL Agent Jobs History),
a Run Status (SQL Agent Jobs History) and a message (SQL Agent Jobs History).

Then What I would like to be able to do is, when I select a specific row into table 1, I would like to see in Table 2 on the records associated to that
Job Name and Run Date Time.

So if I select in table 1 the job Name Job1 and the date run time = "2019-11-13 12:00:01"
I would like to see in Table 2 only the rows associated to the Job Name Job1 and the steps arising from this job1 at "2019-11-13 12:00:01", if it is possible

I don't want to see all this historical record associated to that job Name Job1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.