Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Black_magic100
Helper III
Helper III

How to filter out values that are blank in a visual

Untitled.png

Growth Decline EFT Paid MoM = IFERROR([EFT Paid MTD]-[EFT Paid LM]-1,BLANK()) <---- this is my measure for the graph above.

I don't simply want to filter out values less than a number, but rather the values that are blank.
6 REPLIES 6
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Black_magic100,

Could you have tried use the Advaced filtering with is not blank:

1.PNG

And could you have checked if you have selected the "show items with no data"?

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Is that a waterfall chart? Would be easier to replicate with data or the file. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Formulas: 

Growth Decline EFT Paid MoM = IFERROR([EFT Paid MTD]-[EFT Paid LM]-1,BLANK())

EFT Paid MTD =
TOTALMTD(SUM('Payments'[Amount]), 'Payments'[PaymentDate])

EFT Paid LM = CALCULATE(SUM('Payments'[Amount]), PREVIOUSMONTH('Calendar'[Date]))

For the visual I am using a standard calendar date table for the x axis and the y axis is simply taking 'Payments'[Amount] and summing it, aggregated by month obviously.  The measure at the top takes the current month total and subtracts it by the preceding month as a whole to get the difference.  

Right now I have a visual filter to only show 2018 and 2019 as our data only goes back that far, but on some of our locations (selected using a slicer) it might only go back a month or two.  The issue is that it is showing 2018 entirely even if there were no payments for that location during that time period.  

The payments table is very simple.  It has a date, storeID, and the amount for each.

Hello @Black_magic100,

You can use a second visual filter with your measure "Growth Dceline.."
Select nog equal to blank and/or zero.

Greets,

Ronald

Okay I did a slightly ghetto approach using what you said...  I just said "if greater than 1 OR less than -1".  That should be fine as the chances a growth/decline is within that value is very very very unlikely, but I still would like to know what this is.

So I tried that, but it did not work.  The values just remained.  Even when I tried not including values that are equal to 0 they still just remained.  I even added more decimal places to makes sure they were actaully zero.  Not sure why that wouldn't work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.