Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbielby
Helper I
Helper I

How to filter out deleted reports from Usage Metrics

Hi , We are using usage metrics for our production workspaces.   This is a very handy tool.   My problem is that I can see reports  that have long since been deleted appearing in the usage metrics report ( with zero usage)  for the workspace.  Is there a way to filter out deleted reports from a workspace usage metrics report?  Or alternatively is there a way to permanently delete a report?   Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mbielby ,

You can find the delete report via O365 Audit Log search, please refer to this answer: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/finding-deleted-report-in-power-bi-services/td-p/522349, but I'm afraid currenly there's no way to delete the record of deleted reports.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Jimmy.   The Delete Report seems to only report on PBI reports that were deleted in the past 90 days.   I am seeing old reports in my usage metrics that were deleted in excess of 90 days ago.   Is there a way to generate the list of all deleted reports?  My use case is I have a usage report that shows all unused reports in the past 90 days.   I'd like to filter out the old report records that are long since deleted, and only show the active reports. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.