Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

praveenk
Frequent Visitor

How to filter data for rolling 24 months using SAP BW BEx Query

Hello Everyone,

I have to pass two required parameters StartDate and EndDate at the BEx query level.  If I pass Start Date as "20220101" and EndDate as "20220131", these values are fixed in the parameters section. What I'm looking at here is how can I achieve a rolling 24 months of data based on the current date when data flow is refreshed daily. What changes do I have to make in the advanced editor for making this query to bring back rolling 24 months of data from the source system?

For Example: If the data flow is refreshed today (08/23/2022), It has to bring all the data from 08/23/2020 - 08/23/2022.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

praveenk_0-1661310751303.png

4 REPLIES 4
praveenk
Frequent Visitor

I didn't actually get what you are trying to say. Below is my code, where do you want me to change it?

let
  Source = SapBusinessWarehouse.Cubes("XXX.XXX.", "11", "800", [Implementation = "2.0"]),
  #"Navigation 1" = Source{[Name = "ZCP_BLUE_Q"]}[Data],
  Shipping_Logistics_Blue_Box = #"Navigation 1"{[Id = "ZCP_BLUE_Q/ZCP_BLUEBOX_LOGISTICS_Q001"]}[Data],
  StartDate = Date.AddMonths(DateTime,Date(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()),-24),
  EndDate = DateTime.Date(DateTime,FixedLocalNow()),
  #"Added items" = Cube.Transform(Shipping_Logistics_Blue_Box, {{Cube.ApplyParameter, "[!V000001]", {"20220101", "20220131"}}, {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Actual Delivery Qty", "[Measures].[00O2TH886DUSLQ0ERABGKVORJ]"}, {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Delivery Quantity", "[Measures].[00O2TH886DUSLQ0ERABGKWE1R]"}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "[0COSTELMNT]", {"[0COSTELMNT].[LEVEL01]"}, {"Cost Element Level 01"}}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "[HPPTASTRD]", {"[HPPTASTRD].[LEVEL01]"}, {"Transaction Date Level 01"}}})
in
  #"Added items"
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@praveenk , Use these two dates

Let

StartDate =Date.AddMonths(DateTime.Date( DateTime.FixedLocalNow()),-24),

EndDate= DateTime.Date( DateTime.FixedLocalNow()) ,

<Use these two in you code now>

@amitchandak 

I don't see the data beyond the parameter's value after adding those two lines to the code. Do I have to remove the date values and substitute them with the StartDate and EndDate?

praveenk_0-1661312170174.png

@praveenk , Those two date values you try to use these parameters

if needed convert to text

Date.ToText([StartDate],"yyyyMMdd")

replace 20220101 and the other date and check if it works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.