Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to filter and jump to another page

I'd like to use a button that would filter my data and jump to another page with that filter on.

I already used the bookmarks but unfortunately when I click the icon and jump to another page via bookmark the data is not filtered.

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can try to create drillthrough page to show your data, how to use the drillthrough function, please see the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough .

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Without any details is difficult to know what is your expected result, but to what I can understand you need to take into attention the following:

• Information is filtered based on slicers then you need to sincronize slicers accross both report pages
  • If you want a specif information to be selected everytime you click on the bookmark the data option needs to be active on the bookmark
  • If you want to select an information from a visual to filter out another without the selection of filter maybe you should look at the drilltrhough option instead of the bookmarks.

Can you share some more insights on your needs and data as expected results also?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix ,

Thanks for clearing that up... Let me try explaining it better this time:

What I'd like to do is more like a one-click drillthrough, just like a hyperlink on Powerpoint.

I'd like to have 2 pages. One where I'd have my options to be selected and filtered, and another where I'd have the graphs and visuals with that selected data. The jump here, which I'm not being able to achieve, is the minute I click that icon on page 1 it filters and jumps automatically to page 2 (keeping the filter from page one).

Drillthrough as it is makes me right-click and I don't think that helps users much. Specially because I'd need to put a warning/instruction on the page.

Hi @Anonymous,

You need to make two things,

Create the same slicers on both pages of the report and taking into account you want to have a filter page you must sync slicers and hide the slicers on page 2 of the report

Secondly on the bookmark you need to disable the data option so your bookmark doesn't go back to the same slicer options they had when you created the bookmark.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the case i dont't havve slicer and i need to see the dependends which are in different pages i can go with bookmark to see dependends but it should  show selected valu.e dependents   with out drill thoroug option 

Hi @Anonymous ,

How do you know that you want to check a specific value? you choose the value on a visualization?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.