Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VJR1998
Frequent Visitor

How to filter all pages by year with multiple date hierarchies being used?

I am currently developing a multi page report and there are several visualisations on each page which 

use unique date hierarchies to present data.

Here are some of my tables in which you can see multiple date fields:

VJR1998_3-1631789932213.png

I want to place a slicer on the first page which allows the user to filter the entire report by year. I've set up the slicer but not sure what to do from here, I created a date table but when I go to set up the relationships my date hierarchies are removed from the field being selected and it doesn't filter.

My Date slicer:

VJR1998_2-1631789855436.png

The booking from field becomes reformatted and doesnt work:

VJR1998_4-1631790012206.png

Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VJR1998 ,

Has your problem been solved? If it is solved, please mark a reply which is helpful to you.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VJR1998 ,

Actually, when you create the relationship (Many to one or one to Many) between the tables with Date, only the date in the one side will show date hierarchy. 

If you want to show date hierarchy in your fact table, you can try the custom hierarchy, like this:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@VJR1998 , If you are using date table, better to create a year column in that. And Mark date table as date table

Year = year([Date])

Join Date of date table with date of all the tables. If one table have 2 dates( You need to use userelationship for inactive dates)

You can sync slicer on all the pages of can use page level filter on Year

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers#sync-and-use-slicer...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.