Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jatneerjat
Helper V
Helper V

How to filter a slicer by other slicers

Hi,

I have 5 slicers which basically filters the reports.from this 4 of them using value from a table and other slicer have value from the column  "Year" which is coming from the dummy table DimDate = CalendarAuto().

Currently the year slicer does not get filtered on selection of any value from other slicers and vice versa so how can i sync all the slicers.

Thanks,

Jat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can try to create a Summarize Table on Resourceinfo that duplicates the rows for all Years between Start and End date.

Then use this table for all Slicers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pnvinod
Helper I
Helper I

Is there a Relationship between DimDate and other Table

Hi @pnvinod ,

No,Actually i have contractStartDate and contractEndDate in my table [ResourceInfo] and i cant create relationship individually on any of this columns as i need all the dates between this two dates so by creating different measures i am filtering all reports but not able to filter slicers.

Thanks,

Jat

There should be a Realtionship. 

Other wise how do anybody(system) know if you want to consider Year of the Start Date or Year of teh End Date for Filtering Data.

I am sorry if I have missed any thing in your requirements.

Hi @pnvinod,

currently there is not any relationship.can i create some measure and then use that measure in slicer?

or how can i create a relationship between year from the date table and the date(all dates between startdate and enddate).

You can try to create a Summarize Table on Resourceinfo that duplicates the rows for all Years between Start and End date.

Then use this table for all Slicers

Hi @pnvinod,

I have created a custom column in [Resourceinfo] which have all the dates between startdate and enddate but currently i am able to filter other slicer by "Year" slicer but not vice versa.

the workaound is when I add custom date column as hierarchy then it doesnt work but when i add it without hierarchy then it works and this "year"slicer get filtered based on other slicer so how can i create a sync between them.

8.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.