Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to filter a chart based on multiple table relationships?

Hey All,

I'm new to Power BI and was wondering how i could create multiple relationships between 2 tables. My data model looks like this

JoelAndrews_1-1605276119963.png

I have a chart created (incorrect because of relationships) and want to display Total Users and Users from the Traffic Data table but be able to filter by Value_Prop field that exists in both tables. I've used the Value_prop field from the Txn Data table as the primary filter as it filters other charts in the dashboard.

JoelAndrews_2-1605276337259.png

How can i filter the above chart on both the Date from the calendar table and Value_Prop from Txn Data table with measures from Traffic Data table?

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You have got the correct result, haven't you?

v-lionel-msft_0-1606806929397.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1605513355701.png

You need to replace [Users] and [Total Users] with meatures and complete the correct aggregation by adding filters in the measures.

Do you mind sharing your .pbix file? If yes, please show the sample data.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! 

You can access the files here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WECvC7FofNZLCiDBq4IH54fQK8WOOhg3?usp=sharing

I've created the visual. I want to filter the chart on both the Date from the calendar table and Value_Prop from Txn Data table with measures from Traffic Data table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.