cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jinkang23

How to filter Line chart and Table chart

I have PowerBI report with DirectQuery two tables in Azure SQL database.

Tables look like the following and there's a one-to-many relationship between Table A and Table B on column, TraceID.  

What I'm trying to do is create a line chart using DateTime as the Axis, HostName as the Legend, and RTT and the Value. This creates a nice line chart over time showing me what the network latency from the host to target is.  Table B contains the traceroute details of a record in Table A, related by TraceID. 

What I'm trying to do is when I select any given point in time on the line chart, I want it to query the Table B for all records that match that specific TraceID and display those records in a Table chart. 

Any idea how I can accomplish this?  Thanks!

Table A

• TraceID
  • DateTime
  • HostName
  • IPAddress
  • RTT

Table B

• TraceID
  • DateTime
  • HopNum
  • HostName
  • IPAddress
  • RTT

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @jinkang23,

The workaround could be using a Line and stacked column chart instead. Then you can click the column to filter. You can make the color of the columns lighter.

Also you can vote on this idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com. Maybe we can filter other tables in the line chart in the future.

How to filter Line chart and Table chart.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @jinkang23,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jinkang23

I have PowerBI report with DirectQuery two tables in Azure SQL database.

Tables look like the following and there's a one-to-many relationship between Table A and Table B on column, TraceID.  

What I'm trying to do is create a line chart using DateTime as the Axis, HostName as the Legend, and RTT and the Value. This creates a nice line chart over time showing me what the network latency from the host to target is.  Table B contains the traceroute details of a record in Table A, related by TraceID. 

What I'm trying to do is when I select any given point in time on the line chart, I want it to query the Table B for all records that match that specific TraceID and display those records in a Table chart. 

Any idea how I can accomplish this?  Thanks!

Table A

• TraceID
  • DateTime
  • HostName
  • IPAddress
  • RTT

Table B

• TraceID
  • DateTime
  • HopNum
  • HostName
  • IPAddress
  • RTT

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!