Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jinkang23

How to filter Line chart and Table chart

I have PowerBI report with DirectQuery two tables in Azure SQL database.

Tables look like the following and there's a one-to-many relationship between Table A and Table B on column, TraceID.  

What I'm trying to do is create a line chart using DateTime as the Axis, HostName as the Legend, and RTT and the Value. This creates a nice line chart over time showing me what the network latency from the host to target is.  Table B contains the traceroute details of a record in Table A, related by TraceID. 

What I'm trying to do is when I select any given point in time on the line chart, I want it to query the Table B for all records that match that specific TraceID and display those records in a Table chart. 

Any idea how I can accomplish this?  Thanks!

Table A

• TraceID
  • DateTime
  • HostName
  • IPAddress
  • RTT

Table B

• TraceID
  • DateTime
  • HopNum
  • HostName
  • IPAddress
  • RTT

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jinkang23,

The workaround could be using a Line and stacked column chart instead. Then you can click the column to filter. You can make the color of the columns lighter.

Also you can vote on this idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com. Maybe we can filter other tables in the line chart in the future.

How to filter Line chart and Table chart.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @jinkang23,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jinkang23

I have PowerBI report with DirectQuery two tables in Azure SQL database.

Tables look like the following and there's a one-to-many relationship between Table A and Table B on column, TraceID.  

What I'm trying to do is create a line chart using DateTime as the Axis, HostName as the Legend, and RTT and the Value. This creates a nice line chart over time showing me what the network latency from the host to target is.  Table B contains the traceroute details of a record in Table A, related by TraceID. 

What I'm trying to do is when I select any given point in time on the line chart, I want it to query the Table B for all records that match that specific TraceID and display those records in a Table chart. 

Any idea how I can accomplish this?  Thanks!

Table A

• TraceID
  • DateTime
  • HostName
  • IPAddress
  • RTT

Table B

• TraceID
  • DateTime
  • HopNum
  • HostName
  • IPAddress
  • RTT

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.