Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to fill value for empty date to keep continuous same period

I have a line chart and a matrix table, and want to keep the X axis align with table column header to compare data. So I have to fill values for empty date. But there is a problem. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

I have two sample data to compose two visuals:

the first table to compose line chart: sheet1:

WX20191113-174203@2x.png

the second table to compose the matrix table: sheet2:

WX20191113-174221@2x.png

here is the final visuals:

WX20191113-174139@2x.png

Based on table 1, because not every day has full data for each brand/keyword. To keep two visuals align at X axis, I created measure for line value as below:

Value_measure = CALCULATE(IF(ISBLANK(CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1[Brand]),1=1))),0,CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Value]))))

But the problem is:

Brand1 should only have keyword1,2,3; Brand2 should only have keyword 4,5,6.

But in the line chart, the "legand" shows 6 keywords if I selected Brand1 on left slicer. How should I only show filtered keywords in line chart? 

The main purpose is only show last 6 days data, and compare two chart values. 

Here is the sample data and PBI file:

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1fJY65WvpTVr23h9trR0ntA

Download code is "wy9h"

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should create a date table, for example, Date=calendar(min([datesyouhave),max([datesyouhave])) and make a relationship between that table and your fact table.

Let me know if it helped.

BR,

DR

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply. I already have two mapping tables for date and brand, to keep two charts interacted by slicers. But it doesn't help.

pic1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I might have miss understood your question, what do you need exactly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see the final visual, using the "value_measure" I have filled the empty data in line chart.

But the problem is when I filter Brand1, line chart should only show 3 lines for keywords1,2,3. But now it shows 6 lines for keywords1,2,3,4,5,6.

What I want to achieve is when I select Brand1, only Keywords1,2,3 shows in line chart(with filled 0 value while keywords1,2,3 has no data on that day). 

I hope someone can help to modify the "value_measure" to archieve it. Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.