Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lilylv
Helper I
Helper I

How to export data with original decimal value instead of the rounding numbers

Hello Everyone,

I want to display the rounding numbers in the visualizations in my report while in the data file exported the numbers can be shown with decimal numbers(the orginal calculated value, no rounding). That is because there is a difference between the rounding numbers and the original ones.

For example, I have two measures with the same value, "LastYearTTL" & "LastYearTTL2", if i get "LastYearTTL2" rounded off by changing the format and leave "LastYearTTL" the auto format, in the report there is no difference with the total value. But when i export the data to a csv. file, there is a gap, snapshot as below. Is there any soluction to avoid the gap??

Untitled.png

Any help on this would be very appreciated.Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lilylv,

As there is no any option to change the format when export data for visualization currently, I don't think there is any solution to avoid the gap directly.

In addition, I'm wondering if exporting the underlying data instead of summarized data on Power BI Service could help in your scenario? Smiley Happy

export1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lilylv,

As there is no any option to change the format when export data for visualization currently, I don't think there is any solution to avoid the gap directly.

In addition, I'm wondering if exporting the underlying data instead of summarized data on Power BI Service could help in your scenario? Smiley Happy

export1.PNG

Regards

Thank you for the suggestion. But as the underlying data of this report is with a large volume, it's not very convenient to export the data on PBI Service and the summarized data is more appreciate.

Regarding this situation, maybe I can add a slicer to switch the columns displayed in the report or do the rounding off at underlying data level first as a planB.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.