Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tumitran_1576
Frequent Visitor

How to export Dashboard as PDF file?

Dear friends,

I am using Power BI desktop and have created a dashboard. I want to export it to PDF for better view and share.

In the Export menu, I only see export as Power BI template function.

I wonder if Power BI desktop can export to PDF (or Powerpoint).

Best,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tumitran_1576,

Currently, the desktop report can't be exported to PDF or PowerPoint file. You can vote on this idea: export to PowerPoint via the power BI desktop only.

While export to PowerPoint feature is available in Power BI service. You can sign up a Power BI service account, then publish the desktop report to service, follow this article to export to PowerPoint: Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview).

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I am exporting to PDF it exports some pages at 100% scale and others at smaller scales. All pages are set up with a 16:9 page size.They all look the same scale on my screen until I export them to PDF. Where can I go to make adjustments for the PDF export?

gussiie
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone know if we can set the visualization plane as portrait rather than landscape?

DustinDixon
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone know if the export to pdf is coming to the service and not just power point?

As of the August 2018 release, you can now export to PDF from Power BI Desktop.  It's on the File menu.

Dear IkeEllis,

I did manage to Export to pdf for the first page. However, could you please tell me how to export to pdf for the second page and others?

kamalmsharma
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, though there is no functionality in PowerBI for this, there is a workaround to get pdf of the dashboard.

Open the dashboard in PowerBI service and use Ctrl+P to print in pdf format. It works!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tumitran_1576,

Currently, the desktop report can't be exported to PDF or PowerPoint file. You can vote on this idea: export to PowerPoint via the power BI desktop only.

While export to PowerPoint feature is available in Power BI service. You can sign up a Power BI service account, then publish the desktop report to service, follow this article to export to PowerPoint: Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview).

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Tumitran_1576,

You can only print once you publish it online.

Unfortunately, Power BI does not have a native print to PDF function. It relies on your installing a separate 'Print to PDF' application.

Before you go 'It's essential !'... I agree. Hopefully Microsoft will take note. When will they realise that print to PDF functionality is a mandatory requirement for Financial reporting in many government organisations.

Cheers,

D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.