Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ibrahimsharaf
Employee
Employee

How to exclude some values from a slicer?

Hello, I am using a slicer with takes a column of strings, some values in this colomn don't contain a value, I don't want to delete these records as its row has another useful data, how can I exclude those empty values from the slicer (as in the screenshot), maybe using a measure?, any help?

Screenshot (13).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ibrahimsharaf Oh man, this one is a sore point with me. "Before" the June update, all you had to do was change the visual to a table and filter out any of the values, then change it back to a slicer and the filter would be respected. For some reason (unknown to me) they removed this work around and haven't yet provided a filter option for the slicer.

At this point, I don't see a way to do this simply. 😞

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add to this that the workaround works again! You can change it to a table and select which ones and then change it back to a slicer.

@Anonymous - they added in the functionality directly to the slicer now. You don't need to switch from table to slicer, you can just add a filter to a slicer like all the other visuals.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@ibrahimsharaf Oh man, this one is a sore point with me. "Before" the June update, all you had to do was change the visual to a table and filter out any of the values, then change it back to a slicer and the filter would be respected. For some reason (unknown to me) they removed this work around and haven't yet provided a filter option for the slicer.

At this point, I don't see a way to do this simply. 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.